Welcome to J2 Class
Our staff team:
Our Shared School Vision
To support all children and young people to hold their rightful place in society, equipped with the knowledge to shape their own futures, skills to lead an enriched and healthy life and voices to make a positive contribution in the world.
In J2 Class, we strive towards our shared vision by:
- Developing positive relationships through group activities and collaboration.
- Building confidence to communicate our ideas and opinion.
- Achieving our goals through resilience and not being afraid to make mistakes.
- Asking for help and support when we need it and helping and supporting each other.
- Developing and using appropriate strategies for self-regulation.
We believe in a broad and balanced ‘no limits’ curriculum that develops and nurtures life-long learning, builds interests, is meaningful and imaginative and promotes togetherness in the school and wider community. It is happy-centred; driven by confidence, positive relationships, support, coping skills and achievement and success.
In the Autumn term, we will be working on developing the following life-long learning skills:
- Recognising appropriate materials for different uses.
- Participating in group and paired activities.
- Working with independence.
- Developing money skills and working within a budget.
- Understanding what is public and what is private.
- Recognising emotions and developing an understanding of coping strategies.
- Recognising that we all have an effect on our surroundings and the wider world.
We learnt these skills through...
Building on our interests and expanding our opportunities:
- Cooking and baking.
- Enterprise projects (developing an upper school sensory area).
- Reading, writing and speaking and listening opportunities.
- Weekly PE and Forest School lessons.
Learning in meaningful and imaginative ways:
- Designing and creating an outside shared sensory space with KS3 and KS4.
- Forest School sessions creating art, using nature and cooking on a campfire.
- Creating something new to wear for a Christmas party from preloved clothing.
- Recycling and upcycling plastic, metal and wood to develop shared outside areas.
- Creating a new outside area for KS3 and KS4 to enjoy.
- Collaborating with J1 to sing and sign a song.
- Shared reading, playing games and taking turns.
- Playing Boccia, football and basketball.
Things to remember:
Tuesday: Forest School (wellies or old shoes please).
Wednesday: PE (PE kit and trainers please).
Thursday: Community visit (appropriate clothing for the weather please).
Friday: Farm lesson (wellies and spare clothes suitable for being outside on the farm please).