Safeguarding your Child
At Coppice School safeguarding is the most important thing we do. Safeguarding will always take priority over anything else we may be doing.
We remain hyper vigilant to changes in children and so therefore on occasions we may need to contact parents and carers to find out more information if we have a concern.
This is not to accuse anyone of anything but merely to gather information to ensure we are satisfied that children are safe.
What we will do if we have a concern about your child:
- If we notice a bruise or mark which is unexplained then we will contact you.
- The majority of marks and bruises that we see can be easily explained.
- If you notice a mark or bruise at home then if you let us know by calling school then we will not need to telephone you.
- Within school we have procedures which require us to log any marks or bruises that is unexplained and also to record any issues or concerns regarding a child.
- Occasionally, children communicate things to staff which can appear concerning.
- Our first action if we have any concerns is to talk to you as the parent or carer who knows their child the best. If we feel that we have to share our
- concerns with Social Care then we will inform you first.
- Likewise if you have any concerns regarding the care of your child in school or any issues regarding unexplained marks or bruises or changes in behaviour, then it is important that you let us know so that we can follow your concerns up.
- If a matter is a Child Protection concern, then we cannot guarantee confidentiality.
- We may need to share information with other agencies.
- Any decision that the school makes, does so in the belief that they are acting in the best interests of the child.
All our staff undergo rigorous and regular training in line with statutory guidance and:
We have 3 members of staff who are Level 3 safeguarding trained.
Our safeguarding team are;
Tracey Conlon - Deputy Head Teacher and Designated Safeguarding Lead - firstname.lastname@example.org
Tracey Senior & Natalie Swearman Deputy Designated Safeguarding Leads - email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Nicola Baxter - Family Support Lead - email@example.com
Paul Burns - Chair of Governors - firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any safeguarding concerns, please do not hesitate to call us on 01302 844883 and ask for one of the Safeguarding Team.
Please find a link to our policy page here. On this page there is a link to our Safeguarding Policy