Coppice School educates many young people all of whom are very special. Our main designation is SLD (Severe Learning Difficulties) and so therefore our admission to school involves meeting the criteria below.
Pupils will have one or a combination of:
· Age 3+ to 18.
· A Statement of Special Educational Needs/ Education Health Care Plan, naming the school.
· Significant learning difficulties across at least two areas of development
· Development such that parents are not confident that a mainstream school can respond effectively to meet needs
· May require additional and different work to meet needs associated with Autism
· Require high levels of support to structure their learning and social life
For more information please see our Admissions Policy here.
In the event that your application is unsuccessful, you are welcome to appeal the decision, the timetable for appeal hearings is below;
Statutory Requirement Timetable
For applications made in the normal admissions round (notified on National Offer day – 1st March for Secondary and 16th April for Primary), appeals must be heard within 40 school days of the deadline for lodging appeals.
For late applications (notified after the national offer days), appeals should be heard within 40 school days from the deadline for lodging appeals where possible, or within 30 school days of the appeal being lodged;
For more information if you are in the Doncaster Local Authority please follow this link.
For all other local authorities please visit your relevant council pages.